Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Turn Signal lady? My rant.


Do they still put turn signals on 2008 Dodge Mini Vans? The answer to this question can be debatable. I can honestly say it drives me crazy when people do not use there turn singals. Have you ever been following a car and reached down to turn the radio station only to look up and have the car in front of you slam on their brakes and turn without a signal? Nothing yanks my chain more! I know this has happened to everyone and maybe you have even done it to someone yourself.

Oh yeah and have you ever had someone follow right on your ass and the only thing in the world that would fix your anger is to slam on your brakes? This usually works for me except the time when it all went wrong and I may of brake checked just a little too hard and maybe a tad too long. That ended up with a trashed backend and a whole lot of hassle and police.

How many times do you have to do something horrible to learn your lesson? How many tragedies will you hear about until you finally decide not to text while driving? I know all this drives me crazy but, I still find myself doing all of this when I am behind the wheel. It is a very hard habit to break and I think the only way I will be able to break it is if I get pulled over for it or I get in a nasty accident. I read a story a few years ago where a group of six teenagers about my age were driving on the freeway and the driver was texting. The group of kids veered over into the lane beside them right under an eighteen wheeled semi. Everyone in the accident was killed on the spot. You would think that this would make me not want to text and drive, but old habits die hard.

7 comments:

  1. I agree with you completely in this blog. I hate when people turn without the turning signal. It makes me want to just hit them while they`re turning. Also when people are on my ass is my worst pet peeve because I just got into the habit of driving the speed limit and not 20 over. So when people are on my ass I usually speed up a little bit just because I hate that feeling. I have the same problem with texting and driving also. I don`t do it as much but there are times in which I feel the need to do it. This was a good read and I am sorry about the crash you went through that really sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you asked you question “do they still put turn signals on 2008 doge mini vans?” I can’t stand it when people do not use their turn signals. It is the most annoyingness thing in the whole world. It is like out of no they decide to slow down and turn. It is like where is your turn signal?

    I think that forgetting to turn on your turn signal is very unsafe. It leads to many accidents. Then you have to slam on the breaks it isn’t safe at all. I think it takes a couple of time to learn your lesion and fix the problem. I know I hear stories all the time about people texting and driving and getting into bad accidents but I honestly still do it. I have no idea why I even do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you about the texting and driving. It pisses me off when someone does something stupid like not be paying attention and when the light turns green it takes them 20 years before they decide to go. Then when you pass them you see that they are texting and you suddenly know exactly why they took so long to go. However while this pisses me off I know that I do the exact same thing, and I'm sure that I piss other people off by doing it. Like you said old habits die hard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some funny stuff, Kelsey. I would prefer, in the future, to read about one topic at a time. I'm sure you could get a whole post's material out of the accident from you brake-checking experience, for example.

    Turn signal use seems more laissez-faire out here than it did back in Chicago, that's for sure. However, people driver a lot slower. I wonder if there is a different culture of bad driving wherever you go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I fully agree! I also hate when people do that! But sometimes I can be the person that will be riding your ass. especially if your in the fast lane and going under 70 and I WONT hit my brakes, just run you over and continue on my way. Texting and driving is something that is very bad but I find myself looking at my phone more then the road. At times i tend to drive with my knees so I can use both hands to text. But I most likely wont stop until something bad happens to me like you said.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree with this post but I have to say I am always texting while im drivig. Like Cimino said I end up driving with my knees while finishing up a text. The thing I hate most while driving is driving while it's raining. I personally don't mind the rain but it's the people who drive 13 in a 45 when a drop of water hits the ground!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yea I have to agree I am texting while I drive. I know this isnt safe but I it such a hard habit to stop doing.

    ReplyDelete