Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Your getting very sleepy...very sleepy

Do you put yourself behind the wheel when you feel as though you have had gotten in inaccurate amount of sleep. As I was reading about this epidemic I found a study conducted by Farmer’s Insurance found that 10 percent of drivers admitted to falling asleep at the wheel and nearly 20 percent of people admitted to dozing off. Also the U.S National Highway Traffic Safety Administration estimates 100,000 of reported crashes occur as a result of drowsiness, and considers sleep deprived drivers a hazard. The greater the sleep deprivation, the closer the correlation to higher levels of intoxication. As far as I am concerned driving drowsy is just as dangerous as driving impaired. Because sleep is something no one person can live without the body simply needs its rest in order to do hazardous activities. This all scares me and probably most of other people as well. To admit the truth sometimes I feel like is no other options but to drive when being completely not awake. I know this puts myself and others in danger yet I still find myself doing it. I am sure when it comes to others they have done the same thing. Maybe we do this because there is no way to measure our fatigue level. Hopefully we can all keep this in mind when it comes to coming behind the wheel, rethink if your not at your best condition to drive at any given moment.

1 comment:

  1. These are also a bit short Kelsey. Having a moment of personal reflection in these would strengthen them.

    ReplyDelete